Joey James Ghazlan "Joey G" Bios

Name: Joey James Ghazlan
Age: 26
D.O.B: August 4, 1980
Sign: Leo
Eye colour: Dark brown
Hair colour: Brown
Height: 6ft 1in
Mix: Malay and Irish
Status: Married to a beautiful lady name Sabrina Khalid
Fav song: Heat by Sergio by Sergio Mendes featuring Will.I.Am
Fav movie: Gangs of New York
Fav book: Encyclopedias and any fact books
Sexiest star: Nicole from Pussycat Dolls


HE is the current hottie on TV. The host of Channel [V]’s Bid It, Joey also presents [V] Smash Hits, [V] Countdown, Remote Control and The Inter[V]iew. Apart from being a VJ, Joey fancies himself an up-and-coming deejay having played alongside international deejays like Judge Jules, Jeff Mills, Roger Sanchez and Sonique. He has also sashayed down catwalks, modelling for top international labels like Calvin Klein, DKNY and Guess.


So you know the face. Here’s a chance to get to know a little about the guy behind it.

What do you do to unwind?

Usually, I listen to music by the pool to unwind. To chill out I listen to chillout music like Ministry of Sound.

What’s your favourite movie?

Hmmm? I like most of Quentin Tarantino’s movies like Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill and I also like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Fight Club was quite nice too though the fight scenes were a bit too brutal.

What about TV? What’s your all-time favourite programme?

I watch TV now and again. I like American Chopper a lot. That has to be my favourite.

Who do you rate as your favourite VJ?

Paula (Malai Ali) is my favourite. Why? She’s just a cool girl. I have known her for quite a while and she is a really nice person and a great personality.

What do you love to eat?

I love Chinese food. Mmmm ... Steamed cod with soy sauce, butter prawns are lovely. I am a seafood kinda guy.
What was your childhood ambition?

Believe it or not I wanted to be a pilot when I was younger. I had never been on a plane until I was 15 but I really was fascinated by planes. I don’t know what happened to that ambition though!

What about now? What do you want to be when you grow up?

Now I just wanna be a good daddy ... a successful father and a great husband in whatever area.
Viewers in Malaysia know Joey G as Mr Bid It, but he can also be seen on Popparazzi, Billboard US Countdown and Remote Control.

“I recently had to dress up as a woman for Remote Control. This is something I would not normally do but some how I found myself doing it on international TV. The thought of doing it was quite funny, but when I watched it… I was embarrassed and a bit freaked out. I scared myself… hee hee hee.”

No comments: